Meet Dr. Jen Hopkins, Pediatrician at Healthy Kids Clinic-Glasgow Pediatric Healthcare
“I am very excited to be caring for patients at the Healthy Kids Clinic in Glasgow, KY. This opportunity allows me to be closer to my family and the community that I love and continue to provide care for children with a wide variety of acute healthcare needs,” stated Dr. Hopkins.
With shorter wait times and lower copays, Healthy Kids Clinic may be a good alternative to the emergency room for many illnesses and minor injuries. You can be assured your child will be treated by providers that are trained in pediatrics. There is an additional benefit of continuity of care. Your child’s visit information at the Healthy Kids Clinic is a part of their medical record at Glasgow Pediatric Healthcare. There are many illnesses and minor injuries that can be cared for at Healthy Kids Clinic including:
• Allergies – seasonal and environmental
• Respiratory (asthma, wheezing, upper respiratory infections, croup, flu-like symptoms)
• Gastrointestinal (vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, abdominal pain, reflux, heartburn, constipation)
• Genitourinary (painful urination, blood in urine)
• Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat (sinus infection, painful or red eye, ear pain or drainage, sore throat, foreign objects in nose or ear)
• Skin (rashes, skin infections, minor abscesses, bug bites, sunburn, splinters)
• Headaches, dizziness
• Chest discomfort
• Trauma (head injuries, concussions, minor orthopedic or sports injuries, sprains, strains, fractures without deformity)
• Cuts and scrapes (simple repair with stitches or glue)
• Minor burns
• Suture and staple removal
Dana Carpenter RN, BSN, Regional Director of Pediatrics for CFMC stated, “We are thrilled to have a pediatrician from Norton Children’s Hospital join us. Her experience and knowledge gained from her many years in a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center can only enhance our already outstanding team.”
Healthy Kids Clinic- Glasgow Pediatric Healthcare is located at 303 Professional Park Drive and is open Monday through Friday 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM and on Saturday 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. All patients are welcome regardless of insurance status. Appointments can be made by calling 270-651-9696. Walk-ins are welcome.
If your child experiences a serious or life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 right away or go to the nearest emergency room.